Friday, February 27, 2009

Montessori kind of smart

This morning Natalie came into our room with this thing in her hand and says "look it is a curvilinear triangle". Cam and I thought that was quite a mouthful for a 1st grader. Cam asked her what it meant ...and she knew! She then turned it into an ellipse and told us about those. HOLY COW
And yesterday Z brought home a perfect score on his timed 7's multiplication sheet. I don't think I learned multiplication until the 3rd grade and he is flying through them in the middle of second grade.

We are proud of our hardworking students!!!!!!

So, any questions or doubts about my kids school are gone. I love the Montessori school approach! My kids are thriving at this school. Thought I would share and officially state my gratitude for this school because without it my kids would be going to school in the hood. It truly is a HUGE blessing to our family.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the quirky one said...

yeah, how cool is that?! I am so thrilled that they are having such a great experience there - science fairs, multiplication, curvilinear triangles....great stuff!

Audry said...

WOw 7 multiplication. I'm impressed. Madisen just finished her 18's Math Facts.