Thursday, March 6, 2008

Betrothals

I am one of those moms that tries to match up each of my kids up with someone good to marry at sometime (way far) in the future. I know it is probably lame and somehow wrong but I want my kids to marry into cool families- you know- families that I like and have good and cute kids at the appropriate age. I know that this will probably not work out the way I have planned but a mom can dream can't she?

This is my son Z and he is betrothed to this little doll Katelyn. She is as sweet as they come. Cam and I love her parents. They are close friends of our and are just about the coolest family to marry into. They are just awesome. Oh-- did I mention that my Zerin is named after Katelyn's dad? Would that be too weird to marry the guy that was named after your father? Oh well, it is already set up with a verbal agreement between parents.



This is Natalie and she has known this cutie pie since before she was one. We used to drive by the Timpanogus Temple and Nat would say "look mommy it's the Timpanogus Temple, where I am going to marry Jack". Jack and Natalie have always been great friends and Jack comes from a very much approved family. Jack's family is awesome and we love them. Definitely a meant to be couple. How cute will their kids be??
Now for Jane

5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I'm concerned with Jack's personal hygiene.

Kimberly said...

We approve! It is such a relief to have that settled so I don't have to worry about the future in laws. Does it matter that Jack hasn't yet figured out what marriage even is? (boys!)

And Celia, I think KS must be a miracle photographer to capture the only moment of his life that Jack is not perfectly groomed (and even more seriously, that he consumed food that left behind what appears to be chocolate crumbs!) If you want to discuss weight gain and eating issues (Re: Alice!), I'm your girl.

D-dawg said...

Katie, I am very impressed with your planning. I am so behind in this area. I have not picked anyone for my children yet! I need to start looking around asap.

Zerin said...

We've been teaching Katelyn to say "I.....Love......Z" - she's pretty much got it down, but the problem is she points to herself sometimes & says "I......Love.....U" - She'll get it right in 18 years. :)
Awesome blog - love the pics!!

Carmen said...

Ha, this is hillarious. Jane is getting to be such a beautiful little girl. You guys make cute kids.